8 (6-ounce) lean ribeye veal chops
1 teaspoon onion powder
½ teaspoon garlic powder
½ teaspoon dry mustard
3 stalks celery, diced
1 medium onion, diced
¼ pound fresh mushrooms, cleaned and sliced
1 cup water
1 cup tomato puree (unsalted)
½ cup red or white wine
- Season chops on both sides with onion and garlic powders and mustard.
- Place in baking dish.
- Saute celery, onion and mushrooms in ½ cup water.
- Add tomato puree and ½ cup water to sautéed vegetables.
- Simmer 10 minutes.
- Add wine and pour over chops.
- Cover with aluminum foil.
- Bake 1 ½ hours in 350 degree oven.
- Uncover and bake 30 minutes longer.
- Serves 8.
% Fat: 30
Sodium: 84 milligrams
Total Fat: 7 grams
Cholesterol: 86 milligrams
(Above figure based on per serving basis.)