You may use as many vegetables as you wish.
2 pounds fish (turbot, sole or perch)
1 large onion, chopped
¼ teaspoon garlic powder
3 cups water
1 (28-ounce) can tomatoes (unsalted) or 8 fresh tomatoes, peeled
2 carrots, sliced
¼ head green cabbage
¼ head red cabbage
1 cup fresh or frozen peas (uncooked)
1 cup frozen corn (uncooked)
1 small bell pepper, chopped
1 (29-ounce) can of tomato puree (unsalted)
½ cup red or white wine
1 teaspoon basil
1 teaspoon parsley flakes
1/8 teaspoon pepper
3 stalks celery, diced
- Sauté onions and garlic powder in ¼ cup water until golden brown.
- Add remaining vegetables with ½ cup water and mix.
- Simmer 30 minutes.
- Add tomato puree, 2 cups water, wine and spices. Mix thoroughly.
- Simmer for 1 hour.
- Cut fish into bite-size pieces and add to vegetables. Mix again.
- Simmer for 1 hour, adding a little water if necessary.
- Serves 8.
% Fat: 14
Sodium: 385 milligrams
Total Fat: 4 grams
Cholesterol: 54 milligrams
(Above figures based on per serving basis.)