Cold, it’s something like a brownie. Warm, it’s a cakelike pudding. Either way your friends won’t believe it’s a low-fat dessert!
1 cup low-fat ricotta cheese
2/3 cup all-fruit sweetener
1 teaspoon vanilla
¾ cup all-purpose flour
3 tablespoons Dutch process cocoa
1 teaspoon baking powder
Reduced-fat egg product equal to 3 eggs
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a medium bowl, combine ricotta, sweetener and vanilla. Set aside for 10 minutes.
- In another bowl, combine flour, cocoa and vanilla. Set aside for 10 minutes.
- Stir egg product into ricotta mix; add flour mix. Blend well and turn into an 8- or 9-inch square baking pan that has been coated with nonstick spray.
- Bake for 25 to 30 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
- Serves 4.
% Fat: 22
Sodium: 191 milligrams
Total Fat: 7.5 grams
Cholesterol: 19 milligrams
(Above figures based on per serving basis.)