The first Wednesday of every month
Wednesday, April 2, 2014 - Sunday, December 5, 2021
Monitoring your health and risk of disease is easy through the Heart & Health Screenings provided by Saint Francis Medical Center. The following screenings are available 7-10 am the first Wednesday of each month at the Saint Francis Health and Wellness Center Conference Room 2 – Entrance 8, 150 S. Mount Auburn Road. No appointment is necessary.
- Blood Pressure Screening – Free
- Stroke Risk Assessment – Free (first Wednesday of every month)
- Glucose Screening for Diabetes Risk – $6
- Women’s Osteoporosis Screening – $25 (measures heel bone density; removal of socks and shoes required)
- The Works – $29 (includes total cholesterol, HDL, LDL, triglycerides, cardiac risk ratio and glucose; for accurate results, a 10- to 12-hour fast is required, although medications may be taken with water during fasting)
If you are 60 or older and reside in Cape County, you are eligible to receive a Heart Health Screening for the cost of only $10 when you opt to share your results with your healthcare provider. Supplemental screening funding is provided courtesy of the Cape County Senior Citizens’ Services Fund Board and is available to seniors once annually while funding lasts.
For more information about these lifesaving screenings, call Saint Francis at 573-331-5970.